SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Westone / Alvarez / Hohner with graphite neck

What's Hot
carloscarlos Frets: 3451
edited February 2015 in Guitars £
Apparently very rare but they do exist. The neck is by Modulus. Neck is mostly what I'm after so the condition of the body not a big issue.image

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6189
    tFB Trader
    There are two on eBay at the moment.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3451
    Cheers, 3 even if you count the Alvarez w/ the same neck. But they are all in the USA and I was hoping to avoid shipping and customs fees if possible.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1076
    My father has a Hohner with a Modulus graphite neck,he's pretty attached to it (although he doesn't really play it much these days) but i'll speak with him tomorrow to see if he'd be willing to let it go,got a ball park figure i could tempt him with?
    Cheers, @Gizmo. There was one sold on ebay UK recently for £213 here. That ballpark I guess, depending on condition.
    Hey georgenadaintl

Grabbed a few pics (before rain stopped play)

I uploaded a few more Large pics HERE

Ive only had time to give it a quick once over but there are a few small nicks around the headstock and one at the 2nd fret treble side
    you can see these in the pics i uploaded,there's some light fretware on the d/b/e at 1 thur 7 nothing that grabs a bend or wouldn't polish/level out( will grab some pic of that ware tomorrow)

I know you said your only really interested in the neck but just to note that the body has a fair few dinks,but as with the fretware i'll grab some more pics tomorrow once i get chance to give her a clean and tidy (she has been stored away for about 5 years)

I'll speak with him about the price,btw would you want it posted out or pick up?

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I've got one of those...image
    It's part of a home build, though..image
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @gizmo thanks. Is everything stock in it?
    @usedtobe are you selling?
    Could do. Just theneck, you're after, yeah?
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

Sure, although not a lot of people will part a guitar like that. But yes, just the neck if you can part it. 
    I can always stick the rest in the guitar wardrobe, and look at getting another neck, at some point.  I'm spoilt for choice with guitars, at the minute, and the whole thing's a sort of long term work in progress, with a bit of sentimental attachment thrown in.. The guitar as a whole owes me a lot more than I'd ever get for it, too...

PM'd you @usedtobe
    Hey georgenadaintl

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you,its all stock and he's not really willing to split it up so if things don't work out with Usedtobe fire me a PM